The Internet Guy’s Mastering E-mail Deliverability & DNS Course
Solve e-mail problems once and for all!
This course will equip you with the advanced knowledge to Master DNS & Email, especially “website email”!
Solve your website’s email problems for good!
In this course, you’ll:
Improve your email deliverability and make your emails more reliable at arriving safely to their intended inbox
Know the difference and the pros and cons of each email protocol (POP/IMAP/SMTP) and what is the best one for each use case.
Gain a greater understanding of the different DNS records especially those that affect email and how to manage them
Gain a better understanding of email tools/applications that help enhance email deliverability like SendGrid/Sendinblue and the likes of them
Understand SPAM filters, how they work, how does your website send mail and why having your domain emails on the same web hosting server is a bad idea
Master CloudFlare, making your DNS management faster & easier
Who’s this course for?
Marketing agency owners
Solve e-mail problems once and for all!
This course will equip you with the advanced knowledge of website & transactional emails, how email works, what is DNS management and how to master it, and how to make your business/website emails more reliable so that they always end up in the intended “inbox”! It will also make your Website and E-mail migrations “A BREEZE!”
The course contains 10 lessons, 8 main and 2 Bonus lessons
Total course videos: 14, Run time: Currently 4 hours.
Module 1: It all starts with a Domain and DNS!
Lesson 1 (1 video – 19 minutes)
- What is DNS (and IP addresses) and why is it important for you to master DNS.
- Who is responsible for your domain’s DNS and how the Name Servers work.
- What is the difference between “transferring” and “pointing” a domain name?
Lesson 2 (2 videos – 18 & 9 minutes)
- Intro to DNS Management.
- Managing your domain’s DNS using the hosting cPanel/dashboard.
- DNS records: A vs. CNAME vs. MX vs. TXT. (includes DKIM, SPF & DMARC)
- MX records explained
Module 2: Demystifying email
Lesson 1: (2 videos – 16 & 16 minutes)
- Why you should not have your emails where your website is hosted, plus the pros and cons.
- What is the issue with how WordPress (out of the box) sends emails?
- Why is your web form not sending emails or why do they end up in SPAM.
Course Bonus – Cloudflare (2 videos – 9 & 14 minutes)
- Using CloudFlare to Manage your DNS
- Using CloudFlare to setup an email service (includes setting the MX, DKIM,SPF & DMARC records)
Lesson 2: (1 video – 15 minutes)
- How does email work?
- Understanding email protocols SMTP vs. POP vs IMAP, and how they work
- POP or IMAP? How to choose between protocols (+ the pros and cons.)
- What is an email client?
Lesson 3: (1 video 19 minutes)
- How to correctly set up any email client
- How do spam filters work
- How to check if your IP address is blacklisted by one of the spam filters
- How to remove your IP address from the spam/blacklist
Module 3: Improving your email deliverability
Lesson 1 (1 video 9 minutes)
- Workarounds to improve email deliverability (Should I use a VPS hosting/Dedicated IP?)
- Tools and Plugins to use with your WordPress website (like Postman SMTP & Sendgrid)
Lesson 2 (1 video 34 minutes)
- Setting up your website’s email the right way.
- How to set up/configure Postman SMTP.
- How to set up/configure SendGrid to work with your website and with the Post SMTP plugin.
- Testing & Troubleshooting website email.
Lesson 3 (1 video 25 minutes)
- Permanent fixes to improve email deliverability.
- Planning for email migration and why it is the best option to use a good & reliable email service.
- Which email service? G-Suite or Microsoft 365? (or others, how to choose)
- What does an email migration entail and how long does it take?
- Course Links & Resources
- Extra Videos
- Leave a Course Review
Meet Your Facilitator
I am a certified e-commerce/e-business consultant specialized in online services.
I have previously worked as an IT manager in charge of setting up/maintaining a network of computers and back-end servers (Web, Email, DNS, DHCP, and proxy/security servers) I’ve managed and trained helpdesk/online support center teams between 2003 and 2013 and I worked for SaaS software companies after.
I currently have my web development & consulting “boutique company” called HumanTalents. I work with entrepreneurs to solve Tech. issues and I have been teaching/training since 1998.
I have delivered courses in academic institutes of technology as well as corporate training, where I have been in charge of management training programs that included technology as well as soft skills like leadership & motivation, service delivery, CRM, sales, and marketing.
I enjoy helping people diagnose and solve technical issues, especially the “non-visual” back-end and hosting stuff, things like DNS, email, website optimization, etc.
I’ve also invested thousands of dollars in tech. training and business coaching, and I intend to continue to create online training courses that help business and web professionals solve problems and get better at what they do.
Also included when you join:
Important Additional Notes:
Do I have access to the full course when purchased?
Do I have lifetime access to the course?
Will the course be added on to?
Are there tests or quizzes?
What format is the course in?
Disclaimer: any teaser videos of the course footage on YouTube may display captions but that’s YouTube specific, again captions or subtitles are available on only a few of the course videos.
Will the course ever close or expire?
Are there any "live training" sessions for this course?
Happy to answer your course-related questions and provide student support inside (on the course portal)
SO, ARE YOU READY TO PUT AN END TO YOUR E-MAIL MISERY?
Join the course now and start your journey to:
- Solving email problems for good and ensuring they are more reliable at arriving safely at the inbox!
- Becoming a DNS management and CloudFlare Expert.
- Mastering the difference & the pros and cons of each email protocol (POP/IMAP/SMTP) and what is the best one for each use case.
- Easily migrate clients’ emails to a better/more reliable email system.
PAST STUDENT REVIEWS
Note: These are Training Testimonials (taken from post-course, trainees’ feedback forms)
The course was interactive, professional and friendly, Amr’s presentation was clear and he was creative, he managed to let us forget we are in training and for 3 days we were like a team learning with each other.
I liked, the way the Amr was passing the information to the students, I mean to say he was attracting their attention.
I liked The teacher’s positive attitude and how he explains things during the session.
Excellent, Interesting, Enjoyed! – Thank you Amr.
I liked the Interactions between the trainer and trainees.
What I liked the most about this course was “The Trainer”